River Cottage Directions
Sat nav: IP12 2EN
From the A12 northbound:
- A12 Northbound past Ipswich and Woodbridge
- Take the slip road off the A12 dual carriageway signed to Orford (B1078).
- Turn right at the top of the slip road going over the A12 at Lower Hacheston.
- Follow the B1078 through Campsea Ashe and Tunstall villages.
- In Tunstall take a left turn at the T-junction after the garage, follow the road round a sharp right-hand bend before taking left-hand fork signed to Snape (B1069, Snape Road) after about 200 metres.
- Continue for approx. 1 mile ignoring the first right-hand turn by the riding stables but taking the second right (a quarter of a mile further) signed to Iken.
- Go through Tunstall Forest until you give way at a crossroads with a church sign opposite. Go straight across the crossroads and ignore the first turn on the left (picnic site).
- 400 metres further on is a sandy track on the left. Take this and River Cottage is 70 metres down here on the right-hand side.
- Please note, the sandy track is not suitable for 'low slung' sports cars.
From the A14:
- Leave the A14 at Junction 51 and take (briefly) the A140 signed to Norwich before almost immediately turning right across the dual carriageway onto the B1078.
- Follow this road through Coddenham, Charsfield and Wickham Market before eventually crossing over the A12 at Lower Hacheston and then follow the same instructions as written for the A12 northbound (above).
From the A12 southbound:
- Heading south on the A12, after the Saxmundham bypass, turn left on to the A1094 signed to Aldeburgh and Snape.
- Two miles further, and 200 metres past Snape garage on your right, turn right at the staggered crossroads (Church on left) signed to Snape Village.
- Go over Snape bridge leaving the Maltings on your left and fork immediately left towards Orford.
- One mile further turn left at the crossroads signed to Iken and then follow the same instructions as written for the A12 northbound (above).